How to prepare for bed bug service
BEFORE THE TECHNICIAN ARRIVES YOU MUST:
- Vacuum house and immediately empty vacuum or dispose bag into tightly sealed trash bag and remove from home. We don’t want to spread Bed Bugs through the house.
- Empty all drawers, strip all linens and bedding. All clothes and bedding must be dried on high heat for minimum of 30 minutes. Store clothes and bedding in a sealed trash bag until treatment is complete. Trash bags that are used to transport clothes to the dryer should be discarded immediately and new bags should be used for dried clothes. If you are washing clothes first be sure it is on a hot cycle.
- Do not put clothes back into drawers until the follow up treatment is complete.
- All nightstands, dressers and bookshelves must be emptied from top to bottom. Any items other than clothing should be bagged and left in the room for treatment. Bed Bugs can hide in cracks and crevices and is important to have access to all bedroom furniture.
- Remove electrical plate covers in bedrooms.
- Disconnect or cover all smoke detectors.
- All furniture must be pulled away from the wall 6 or more inches.
- Store all food products and cooking utensils in a cabinets or cover with plastic, clean sheet or blanket.
- All baby toys should be washed in hot soapy water and sealed in a trash bag.
- All stuffed toys should be placed separately in the dryer for 30 minutes.
What to expect when you return:
- Open windows when you first return for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- All mattresses and box frames will be stood up.
- Flooring could be slippery, wipe down all floors, table and countertops. Do not vacuum floors until 10 hours after treatment.
- Keep children off floors until cleaning is complete.