There are several ways bed bugs may make their way into homes like a crack or crevice in the wall. Once they do, female bedbugs can lay hundreds of eggs over a lifetime. If not taken care of immediately, this can become a real nuisance within your home.
You’ll notice bedbugs mainly at night, or wake up the next morning with bites. They feed themselves by piercing the skin and drinking blood through their elongated beak. They will feed for 3-10 hours before crawling away unnoticed.
A bed bug treatment Austin, TX service is essential if your home has been infested with bugs. Before the problem gets any larger, contact a qualified specialist in your area and learn what actions need to be taken.
Prepare For Nightly Visits
There are a few ways you can prepare before the exterminator arrives to make this process as easy and comfortable as possible for you and your family. To begin, you want to be sure your homes is vacuumed, and the sealed trash bag is disposed of to eliminate the possibility of spreading bed bugs throughout the home.
Along with this, you want to be sure to do the following:
- Empty out all drawers and strip linens and bedding. After washing and drying on high heat for at least 30 minutes, store bedding away in a sealed bag until treatment is complete.
- All bookshelves, dressers, and nightstands need to be emptied as well from top to bottom. Bag all items and leave them in the room for our pest control experts to examine. Because bugs are prone to hide in any crack or crevice, leave all bedroom furniture exposed.
- Disconnect/cover all smoke detectors, remove electrical plate covers in all bedrooms, and pull furniture away from the wall 6 inches or more.
- Cooking utensils and food products need to be covered with plastic or stored away in cabinets.
- Wash all baby toys in hot water and then seal in a trash bag. Stuffed toys need to be placed separately and dried on high for at least 30 minutes.
After the bed bugs have been removed from your home, you will notice that windows will be kept open for at least 15 minutes. You can also expect all mattresses and box frames stood up. We suggest keeping all children off floors until cleaning in complete since they could be slippery. Also, you may vacuum floors 10 hours after the treatment is completed.
If you have any question on what is expected from you before or after a bed bug treatment don’t hesitate to ask. We are here to make this process as stress free as possible – whatever you need, give us a call!
Contact Our Bed Bug Treatment Specialists
We are proud to contract the best bed bug exterminator Austin specialists. If you suspect you have a bed bug problem don’t hesitate on giving us a call at (512) 454-0700. We can offer a free estimate and are here to answer any questions you may have about bed bug treatment solutions. Call us today!