Pests are a huge issue at any time of the year in the south, but they seem to be even more troublesome in the springtime when plants are pollinating, and the temperatures start to rise.
It is important that people in the San Antonio area have a plan to combat pests of all different types before it is too late. Don’t wait until you are planning your family’s first backyard barbecue of the season to find out that your yard is infested with ants, mosquitos, or any other unwanted critter. Here’s what you can do to ensure San Antonio pest control:
The best way to avoid a pest problem is to take preventative measures before a problem has even begun to arise. There are many little lifestyle changes you can make that will greatly reduce the likelihood of a pest infestation in your home. Here are some of the best preventative techniques you can employ without breaking the bank:
- Make sure food is properly stored at all times: Never leave food out as this is a clear invitation to pests that they are welcome to come in and feast.
- Ensure all doors and windows are properly sealed: The harder you make it for pests to enter your home the less likely they will be able to make their way inside.
- Keep firewood and other natural materials away from your home: Termites and other bugs love to hang out on firewood. If this wood is leaning up against your home, then it is basically an invitation for them to begin feasting on your home as well.
While the above-mentioned prevention tips are helpful, they can’t always stop every type of pest problem. Pests have continued to survive because they are crafty and grade A survivalists. If you do begin to experience pests in your home or yard here are some home remedies you can employ:
- Chemicals from the hardware store: Many hardware stores carry a plethora of home solutions for pest problems. It is important to not utilize too intense of chemicals especially if there are children or animals around, yet most offerings are effective enough to at least curb the symptoms of the problem.
- Natural solutions: If you want to steer clear of harsh chemicals then there are a variety of natural remedies you can find all over the internet. For instance, ants and some other bugs really hate coffee grounds. This commonly found substance can even be fatal for them. Other bugs dislike rosemary. These two materials are just an example of simple, natural ways to get rid of pests. Just place them in areas you think the creepy crawlies may be nesting or coming into your home and wait for results.
Unfortunately, home remedies tend to only handle symptoms of the problem rather than tackle the root cause of a problem. The best way to ensure that your pest problem is dealt with thoroughly and completely is to hire a professional.
Professionals have received extensive training and know how to tackle even the toughest of pest situations quickly and efficiently. Luckily, those in the San Antonio area can turn to Nature’s Own Pest Control for all their pest prevention and removal needs.
As a company dedicated to organic pest control in San Antonio, we specialize in controlling every type of pest you can imagine from bed bugs to termites. However, what makes us stand out from other companies is that we effectively control all these pests while solely utilizing green and organic products. We don’t use any lab-created, synthetic chemicals instead we exclusively utilize remedies derived from Mother Nature herself. We want you and your family to be safe from pests as well as harmful chemicals.
We have expertise in much more than just natural pest control in San Antonio. We offer an animal removal service if the creatures bothering you are a little bit larger. We also can help you with any of your lawn service needs. We want to do everything we can to ensure that you have the home and yard of your dreams.
No matter what size of pest problem you have please don’t hesitate to contact us. Call us today to learn more about our wide range of services. We are happy to discuss your individual needs in order to help you find the best course of action to take.We are the most trusted San Antonio exterminator for a reason but don’t take our word for it, call us to find out more!